Over the years, the health industry, particularly the weight loss industry has seen some pretty wide range of tips, tricks and diets, some good, some bad and others simply whacky.
Today, we take a look at some of the most bizarre weight loss diets that have ever seen the light of day. Suffice to say, we advise against following them.
- Ice diet: In this diet, an individual eats tons of fresh ice cubes before every meal, and often in between meals, to feel fuller, and thus consume lesser amount of food.
- Hard boiled eggs diet: A particular Hollywood celebrity, in order to lose weight for a role, ate one hard-boiled egg in the morning, and three hard boiled eggs for dinner at night, and nothing else! Talk about a hard diet!
- Baby food: This diet literally entails eating baby food during most of the say, since baby food is supposed to consist of lesser amounts of sugar and calories.
- The cookie diet: One particular celebrity swears by this. This diet entails eating only six cookies throughout the day and one solid meal at night, and nothing else, and we even mean no snacking in between!
- The cleanse diet: On particular cleanse diet took things to the extreme. It includes drinking laxatives with your teas and coffees, as well as consuming a juice of pepper, maple syrup and lemon. We strictly advise against following this diet because not only is it very difficult to follow, but also extremely unhealthy.